Applications now open for $175,000 Annual Grants Program 2016/17
Published: 29 May 2018 4:36pm
Applications open now for $175,000 Annual Grants Program 2016/17 - 21 March 2016
Local community organisations, groups and individuals can apply now for a share of $175,000 as part of the City of Wagga Wagga’s Annual Grants Program 2016/17.
Seventy-one worthy recipients received a boost through last year’s program, making important projects like self-defence classes for high school students and a skate area at North Wagga possible.
Mayor of the City of Wagga Wagga Councillor Rod Kendall said funding applications can be made across six categories for community-focused groups and individuals in the Local Government Area.
“These grants are part of the City of Wagga Wagga’s commitment to developing our vibrant and diverse community,” he said.
“Through the grants program, Council supports a wide range of services and activities that build community capacity, foster social networks and information exchange, facilitate cooperation and build on existing community strengths.”
The 2015/16 program generated a wealth of interest from the community, with a 52 per cent increase in applications compared to the 2014/15 program.
Council will again be holding information sessions to help groups and individuals develop and submit their applications.
“Last year we saw a strong response to the grants program, so I encourage everyone to attend one of the sessions in April and learn more about the process and discuss their application with the relevant grants officer for their category,” Cr Kendall said.
Applications are open from today, Monday 21 March, and close at noon on Monday 30 May.
Application forms and grants guidelines are available at upcoming workshops, at the Civic Centre and online at www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/grants.
Funding range is amount available per project.
- Community Health & Wellbeing - Community Programs & Projects ($500 to $3000)
- Community Health & Wellbeing - Recreational Facilities ($500 to $7500)
- Connected Rural & Urban Communities - Neighbourhood & Rural Villages ($500 to $3000)
- Connected Rural & Urban Communities - Rural Halls ($5000 to $10,000)
- Arts and Culture ($1000 to $4000)
- Local Heritage ($500 to $16,800)
- Events ($500 to $3000)
- Natural Environment ($250 to $2500)
- Wednesday 6 April from 10am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 27 April from 6pm to 7.30pm
Applicants are encouraged to attend an Annual Grants Program briefing to learn how to use the SmartyGrants online application form and to discuss their application with the relevant grants officer.
Both sessions will be held in the Council Meeting Room at the Civic Centre.
To register contact Kristin Groves on 1300 292 442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications open: 21 March
- Briefings: 6 April at 10am, 27 April at 6pm
- Applications close: Noon Monday 30 May
- Assessment Process: June/July
- Notification to applicants: August
- Deadline for acquittal of funds: 30 June 2017 (30 April 2017 for Local Heritage category)