Nineteen community groups share in $144,445 funding as part of 2017 ClubGRANTS scheme
Published: 30 Aug 2017 2:17pm
Nineteen community groups will share in more than $144,000 in funding as part of the 2017 ClubGRANTS scheme.
The City of Wagga Wagga coordinates the local ClubGRANTS committee made up of a representative from each of the participating clubs, Family and Community Services and a non-government representative.
Representatives from the RSL/Commercial Club and Rules Club Wagga will present a total of $144,445 to the successful community groups on Thursday 31 August.
Council’s Director Community Janice Summerhayes said there were many worthy recipients in this year’s funding program.
“The funding provided by this scheme assists groups that may not have been able to secure financial assistance through other means and helps to ensure valued services and projects continue to be delivered,” Ms Summerhayes said.
The ClubGRANTS scheme is a state-wide initiative that provides the framework for registered clubs to directly fund local priority projects and services.
Clubs that earn more than $1 million annually in gaming machine revenue provide funding for community projects and services, and in turn receive dollar-for-dollar gaming tax deductions.
The 2017 recipients and successful projects are:
- Forrest Centre – The Forrest Centre Hospice
- Kurrajong Waratah – Kurrajong’s Wagga Wagga Christmas Spectacular
- Cancer Council – Wagga Wagga Relay for Life
- Riverina Bluebell – Droving the Blues Away
- Kokoda Youth Leadership Challenge – Future Leaders
- Lake Albert Bush Fire Brigade – Portable UHF Radios
- War Widows Guild of Australia – Enrich the Lives of Wagga Wagga War Widows
- Returned Services League - Supporting vulnerable, marginalised and disadvantaged ADF veterans in the Wagga Wagga LGA
- Ashmont Churches Caring for Children – Ashmont Breakfast Program
- Mt Austin High School – Special Education Bus
- Sturt Public School – Sturt PS Breakfast Club
- Wagga African Association – Intercultural Enrichment Support Program (IES) for Vulnerable Youth
- Foster Care Angels – Leaving Care Counselling Program
- Country Hope Trust – Carer’s Training Weekend
- First Health Limited – Recycle, Rejuvenate and Replant
- Shine for Kids Co Operative Limited – Colourful Dreaming
- Technical Aid for the Disabled – Chance to Ride
- Clontarf Foundation – Engaging Indigenous Students in Education and Employment (Wagga Wagga)
- Camp Quality Limited – Camp Quality Camps and Fun Days