Fresh faces take charge of Council’s planning
Published: 03 Feb 2017 9:05am
Two new managerial appointments at the City of Wagga Wagga put a focus on the value of planning in our community.
Tristan Kell has joined the Financial Sector as the new Manager of City Strategy, and Council’s new Manager City Development, Harj Singh, will start in the Commercial Development Sector next week.
The General Manager, Alan Eldridge, says these appointments reflect an integrated approach to planning and development in the city.
“These new managers will work together to ensure future planning transactions are efficient, sustainable and reflective of the type of city that we as a community aspire to be,” he said.
“One of Tristan’s main focuses will be the Planning Taskforce, with Harj responsible for implementing any changes and fostering a productive culture for development.
“Both bring fresh ideas and extensive experience to their respective areas.”
Mr Kell will oversee corporate planning, land use, urban design, recreation planning, asset planning and economic development
Mr Singh will manage town planning, building surveying, plumbing inspections and development administration.
Tristan Kell’s background
- Experience working in urban and regional planning, strategy and urban design across both the public and private sectors.
- Specialises in statutory planning, strategic planning and project management and has worked on a broad range of planning and development projects in NSW and Queensland.
Harj Singh’s background
- 30 years’ experience in urban and regional planning management,
- Manager Planning (Statutory and Strategic) and Building at the Rural City of Wangaratta
- Manager Planning (Statutory and Strategic Planning) at the Launceston City Council.
- Experience in planning within a NSW Council