Community groups receive funding through ClubGRANTS program
Published: 31 Aug 2018 4:47pm
Representatives from the RSL/Commercial Club and Rules Club Wagga presented more than $119,930 in funding to 16 community groups today (Thursday 30 August), as part of the 2018 ClubGRANTS scheme.
Wagga Wagga City Council coordinates the local ClubGRANTS committee made up of a representative from RSL/Commercial Club, Rules Club Wagga, Family and Community Services and a non-government representative.
The ClubGRANTS scheme is a state-wide initiative that provides the framework for registered clubs to directly fund local priority projects and services.
“The funding provided by this scheme assists groups that may not have been able to secure financial assistance through other means, and helps to ensure valued services and projects continue to be delivered,” Director Community Janice Summerhayes said.
Clubs that earn more than $1 million annually in gaming machine revenue provide funding for community projects and services, and in turn receive dollar-for-dollar gaming tax deductions
The 2018 recipients and successful projects are:
- Kooringal Primary School – Breakfast and Fruit Program
- Life Education NSW - Enabling disadvantaged children to benefit from Life Education’s preventative health and safety education
- Camp Quality – Camp Quality Camps and Family Fun Days
- The Leukaemia Foundation of Australia – Economic Hardship Programme in Wagga Wagga
- The Shepherd Centre For Deaf Children – Reach out and connect for deaf children in Wagga Wagga
- Taster Property – Community Garden
- Clontarf Foundation – Addressing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander disadvantage in Wagga Wagga
- Miracle Babies Foundation - NICU Survival Packs – vital support packages for families with babies in Wagga Wagga Base Hospital Special Care Nursery
- Autism Spectrum Australia (ASPECT) – Ipads for students with autism at Aspect Riverina School
- Sisters Housing – Beautiful Bourdoir’s
- Ronald McDonald House – Outdoor covered relaxation area furniture
- Ashmont Churches Caring for Children – Ashmont Breakfast Program
- Cancer Council NSW – Wagga Wagga Relay for Life 2018
- Forrest Centre – The Forrest Centre Hospice
- Willans Hill School P and C – Willans Hill School Playground Upgrade
- War Widows Guild of Australia NSW - Enriching Lives of War Widows in Wagga Wagga region and promoting their well being
Presentation to community group representatives who were successful in obtaining ClubGRANTS funding
When: 10.30am, Thursday, 30 August, 2018
Where: Kooringal Primary School Hall, Cooinbil Crescent