Community groups receive funding through annual ClubGRANTS program
Published: 30 Aug 2019 1:20pm
Representatives from the RSL/Commercial Club and Rules Club Wagga presented more than $126,830 in funding to 23 community groups on 29 August, as part of the 2019 ClubGRANTS scheme.
Wagga Wagga City Council coordinates the local ClubGRANTS committee made up of a representative from RSL/Commercial Club, Rules Club Wagga, Family and Community Services and a non-government representative.
The ClubGRANTS scheme is a state-wide initiative that provides the framework for registered clubs to directly fund local priority projects and services.
“The funding provided by this scheme assists groups that may not have been able to secure financial assistance through other means and helps to ensure valued services and projects continue to be delivered,” Council’s Director Community Janice Summerhayes said.
Clubs that earn more than $1 million annually in gaming machine revenue provide funding for community projects and services, and in turn receive dollar-for-dollar gaming tax deductions.
The 2019 recipients and successful projects are:
- Forster Care Angels - Training, Education and Support for Young People Affected by Foster Care
- The Shepherd Centre for Deaf Children - Confident Kids Connect - For Deaf Children in Wagga Wagga
- Carevan Wagga Incorporated – Kitchen Equipment
- The Northcott Society - Specialised Equipment for Northcott Wagga Wagga Respite House
- Ashmont Churches Caring for Children – Ashmont Breakfast Program
- Learning Links – 2019-2020 Reading for Life in Wagga Wagga
- Miracle Babies Foundation - NICU Survival Packs for Wagga Wagga Base Hospital Special Care Nursery
- Autism Spectrum Australia - Sensory classroom supports for children with autism at Aspect Riverina School satellite class in Wagga Wagga
- First Health Ltd - Whipper Snipper Women
- Toy Library Wagga Wagga - Enhancing the Safety and Accessibility of Wagga Wagga Toy Library
- Shaw Street Children’s Centre - Replacement of Heater for Childcare Centre
- Willans Hill School – Lease of Bus
- Cancer Council – 2019 Relay for Life
- Need for Feed - Drought Relief
- PCYC - PCYC NSW Emergency Services Cadets
- Relationships Australia Children’s Services - Creating a safe and positive environment for families
- Wagga Wagga Public School P and C - Feeding Their Futures - Healthy Eating at Wagga Wagga Public School
- Sturt Public School – Sturt Breakfast Club
- Riding for Disabled - RDA Mounted Games Reimbursement for Parents
- War Widows Guild of Australia - Enriching the lives of War Widows in Wagga Wagga Region and promoting their well being
- Life Education NSW - Children’s Preventative Health Education Workbooks and Parent Information Handouts
- Healthy Kids Incorporated - Healthy Kids for Wagga Wagga
- SHINE for Kids - Wagga Wagga Connecting Kids