Summary of Council’s 9 November Ordinary Meeting
Published: 09 Nov 2020 6:54pm
Funding for Stage 2 of Active Travel Plan accepted
Council has accepted an offer of almost $3.8M in cycling infrastructure funding from Transport for NSW, to start the delivery of Stage 2 of the Commuter Cycling Network -Active Travel Project.
- approve the budget variations as detailed in the budget section of the report
- add the Active Travel Plan Stage 2 to the 2020/21 Confirmed Capital Works Delivery Program
- This funding has a requirement that all construction is to be completed by 30 June 2021.
Stage 2 of the project identifies additional routes to the CBD and other popular areas.
Stakeholders and residents along the proposed routes will be consulted as part of the design and construction phases of the project.
- RP-1 ACTIVE TRAVEL STAGE 2 - OFFER OF FUNDING
Planning Proposals for Gateway Determination
Council has agreed to request Gateway Determinations from the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for three separate planning proposals.
The planning proposal for Estella seeks to amend the Wagga Wagga Local Environmental Plan 2010 for tracts of land located east of Pine Gully Road on an as-yet undeveloped portion of Estella.
- RP-2 DRAFT PLANNING PROPOSAL LEP20/0007 TO REZONE LAND AT ESTELLA, WAGGA WAGGA
The second planning proposal relates to the rezoning land adjoining the edge of the Collingullie township. This aligns the planning proposal to the identified Collingullie growth area nominated in the Wagga Wagga Spatial Plan 2013 and avoids land use conflict between future development and the Collingullie sewerage treatment plant.
- RP-3 PLANNING PROPOSAL LEP19/0008 TO REZONE THE COLLINGULLIE GROWTH AREA
The final planning proposal is to amend the Wagga Wagga Local Environmental Plan 2010 enable minor boundary adjustments in the rural zones and environmental management zone.
- RP-4 PLANNING PROPOSAL (LEP20/0001) TO INTRODUCE A NEW LOCAL PROVISION CLAUSE TO ENABLE MINOR BOUNDARY ADJUSTMENTS FOR CERTAIN ZONES
Formal consultation with the public and referral agencies for each planning proposal will occur after the Gateway Determination.
Eunony Bridge project budget
Council has approved budget variations to cover an additional $241,533 spend on the Eunony Bridge Strengthening and Widening project.
A report to tonight’s meeting provided a summary of the project progress and the financial outcomes.
It stated the total budget for the project was $10,720,000, funded by grant funding of $9,813,000 and Council funding of $907,000.
However, Council was told additional funding was required due to additional work and time lost associated with issues that could not have been foreseen.
The project was completed within its stipulated construction schedule and opened to traffic on 2 September 2020.
- RP-5 EUNONY BRIDGE - STRENGTHENING AND WIDENING PROJECT
Risk Management Policy
Council has adopted the draft Risk Management Policy (POL 079), which is required to be reviewed every two years.
The draft Risk Management Policy (POL 079) was placed on public exhibition for 28 days.
No submissions were received during that period.
- RP-6 RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY REVIEW - POL 079
Fees waived for local groups
Council has agreed to provide financial assistance to two Wagga organisations for the following:
- Murrumbidgee Rotary Drive - waive carpark hire and toilet cleaning fees at McDonald Park - $180; and,
- Charles Sturt University Student Actors Group - venue hire fee for the stage at Victory Memorial Gardens during Artstate Fringe Festival - $300.
- RP-7 SECTION 356 REQUESTS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Gregadoo solar project
Council will continue to investigate opportunities for a smaller scale solar photovoltaic (PV) project at Gregadoo Waste Management Centre.
A report to Council tonight recommended not to progress a large-scale PV project at the site
Council staff will also investigate the opportunity for a Power Purchase Agreement under a Local Government Procurement contract to purchase renewable energy and bring a further report back to Council.
- CONF-1 LARGE SCALE SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC