Spring on down to the Botanic Gardens for Spring Jam!
Published: 23 Sep 2022 12:10pm
Wagga Wagga’s biggest outdoor festival dedicated to kids, Spring Jam, is ready to entertain and engage youngsters with a big day of outdoor adventure.
An occasion for youngsters and their grown-ups, the free event gets underway at 10am on Saturday 24 September, at our Botanic Gardens in Turvey Park.
Council’s Destination & Events Coordinator Sophie Gairn said it promises to be a great day of outdoor fun and excitement for the whole family.
“It’s exciting! We’re back, we’re here and offering a really diverse jam-packed program of activities for kids, from hands-on adventure to creative activities, dancing, music, roving performers and chill-out spaces as well,” Ms Gairn said.
“Each activity has been curated to appeal to the different interests of children and young people across our city and will be sure to entertain you throughout the entire day.
“There are plenty of food and drink vendors on hand and some lovely spots to spread out your picnic rugs, sit back and relax.
“So, come and join us at the gardens, and make sure you bring along a hat and sunscreen as we’re expecting to see some lovely spring sun on the day.”
Take advantage of the beautiful weather forecast and walk or ride your bike to the precinct. Parking will be at a premium on the day, so please allow extra time to park in a side street and enjoy a short walk to the gardens.
Spring Jam runs from 10am to 3pm.
Spring Jam Program
- Adventure activities featuring the Fruit Fly Circus, an obstacle course, pump track and an 8-metre-high rock wall.
- Creative Space is the perfect place to get your hands dirty! You can enjoy a Scrapboy mudpie bake-off, clay workshops, Aboriginal art terracotta pot painting with local artist Ashleigh Pengelly from Little Black Duck, and the Imaginary Botanicals floral masterpiece workshop.
- Main stage will have live entertainment (all ages, all day) including Bunny Racket, High Voltage Rock School, The Pretty Amazing Jono, and Jerry and George.
- Jam zone features a high-energy family dance party with Live Long and Sparkle and The Pretty Amazing Jono.
- Chill-out zone with children’s yoga, meditation and mindfulness, garden games and storytelling with the Agile Library service.
- Zoo Safari where you can ask our friendly zoo staff all your animal questions. You may even get to walk with a peacock or meet a python.
- Food Alley where a delectable range of Spring Jam delights await you.
You can find the full program details at https://visitwagga.com/events/springjam/program