Just add Kids! Spring Jam is set for a day of fun and imagination
Published: 22 Sep 2023 2:30pm
Wagga Wagga’s largest children’s festival, Spring Jam, is ready to delight and entertain youngsters and their adults with a full day of activities planned for this Saturday 23 September.
The free event runs from 10am to 3pm at the Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens.
A jam-packed program of activities is planned, from hands-on creative workshops, roving performers, and music curated to appeal to the diverse interests of children and youth.
Destination and Events Coordinator Kimberly Parker said Wagga Wagga City Council is excited to deliver this vibrant event for visitors and community.
“We’re expecting a busy day in the gardens on Saturday with the weather predicted to be a beautiful spring day, combined with a program full of outdoor fun - it’ll be an event not to be missed,” Ms Parker said.
“Make sure to say hello to the larger-than-life roving performers who will be wandering the festival grounds, as well as our furry friends from the zoo who will pop out into the festival for meet and greets throughout the day.
"The zoo will also be open to wander around and explore, plus don't miss the live music and creative performances thanks to Australian children's performers Whistle and Trick, The Vegetable Plot and Junkyard Beats.
“There will also be a chill-out zone for anyone wanting some quiet time, a games garden to play over-sized games, a book nook hosted by Wagga Wagga's Agile Library and the perfect shaded picnic spot to sit and enjoy a snack and the festival atmosphere.
“You can grab a bite to eat from Food Alley made up of local food vendors or pack a picnic to enjoy in the sun.”
There will also be an adventure zone for those that have energy to burn and a creative zone for those that want to get more hands-on and create something unique. Spring Jam has something for all kids.
To check out the festival program, map and more, head to visitwagga.com/springjam
- Main stage: Live entertainment from Whistle and Trick, The Vegetable Plot, and Wagga Wagga's Freeroam Theatre.
- Creative zone: Workshops in the Mini Maker’s Yard including how to spin the decks by DJ Skool, plus an array of creative fun delivered by Wagga Wagga businesses, featuring: Freeroam Theatre’s mischievous clowns, Jigsaw Art and Craft with local artist Ashleigh Pengelly from Little Black Duck and Pressed Floral Card Workshop delivered by Ash Higginson and her team from With Love Bespoke Styling
- Roving performers: Catch the beautiful, larger-than-life animals and florals who will meander throughout the festival space, along with the crew from Junkyard Beats and their loud and interactive instruments and contraptions made from junk
- Adventure Park: Featuring Wagga Wagga’s Little Champions circus workshop and an obstacle course from In-Motion Fitness.
- Zoo Safari: Ask our friendly zoo staff all your animal questions
- Games Garden: Play the over-sized games, including giant soccer pool, giant chess, cornhole, horse racing, plus enjoy the Book Nook presented by Wagga Wagga's The Agile Library.
- Food Alley: Wander the alley and enjoy a range of delectable Spring Jam delights