Update on Council facilities to reopen
Published: 10 Sep 2021 12:55pm
A number of Wagga Wagga City Council businesses and facilities will reopen from tomorrow in line with any restrictions required under the NSW Government’s current Public Health Order (PHO).
Council confirms the following will be open from Saturday 11 September 2021 after temporary closures due to the lockdown. Note that facilities will still have Public Health Order restrictions in place. Information will be updated here: https://wagga.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19/disruption-to-services
* Bolton Park Stadium (with restrictions in accordance with PHO)
* Glenfield Road Animal Shelter
* Multi-Purpose Stadium at Equex (with restrictions in accordance with PHO)
* Museum of the Riverina
* Oasis Regional Aquatic Centre
* Wagga Wagga Art Gallery and National Art Glass Collection
* Wagga Wagga City Library
* Wagga Wagga Lawn Cemetery (50 guests can attend for funerals)
* Wagga Wagga Zoo and Aviary (weekends only)
Council’s Customer Service desk in the Civic Centre will reopen at 9am on Monday 13 September 2021. The Call Centre has remained open in lockdown. Customers are encouraged to use Online Service through Council’s website or contact the Call Centre on 1300 292 442.
Updates on other Council facilities are:
* Gregadoo Waste Management Centre remained open during lockdown for essential waste services and is now open to the general public. The Tip Shop will remain closed this weekend. Council’s website will be updated with any changes.
* Council will provide an update next week about the Civic Theatre’s reopening and the capacity limits and other restrictions still required.
* Riverina Regional Library services will also be updated next week.
* The Visitor Information Centre is currently undergoing capital works and will not reopen this weekend. The centre will be open from Monday with limited access due to the works.
* The Livestock Marketing Centre at Bomen will continue to operate on sale days with a COVID plan in place. Stage 3 restrictions are still in place which means the centre is closed to members of the public. Only accredited agents, current employed processor buyers, transporters, contractors and staff are permitted to attend LMC. As per NSW Public Health Orders, QR code check-in, strict social distancing, and hygiene protocols, including the wearing of masks, are in place.
* Wagga Wagga Airport remains open. Terminal operating hours are subject to scheduled domestic flights. Passengers are encouraged to confirm with their respective airline on flight bookings before heading to the airport.
As per NSW Public Health Orders, QR code check-in, strict social distancing, and hygiene are in place.
The wearing of face masks in the terminal and on-board aircraft is mandatory.
Passengers are encouraged to visit the airport website for more information: waggawaggaairport.com.au
* Services resuming or continuing, and which will be available from Monday (13 September 2021), include building inspections, development assessments and health inspections.
* Parks, gardens and Wilks Park have also remained open through lockdown.
*Waste and recycling kerbside collections continue as normal.
More information can also be found at wagga.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19